Pirate Party Supplies
Pirates have always been a favorite birthday party theme for young boys. We've put together some of the best pirate party supplies and pirate party decorations. Keep reading for some wonderful free pirate party ideas. Have a great pirate birthday party!
Pirate Party Decoration Ideas
- Pirate party decorations can be found online or at your local party supply store.
- Color your own designs as wall decorations, you can use paper, poster board etc. Great for when party supplies are not available. Make pirate hats, treasure chests, eye patches etc.
- Streamer in matching theme colors are a plus. Take two colors like black and white and twist them together for a more fun look. Hang from corner to corner or corner to middle of the room.
- Lots of balloons, look for pirate balloons or choose black and red and white balloons, hang around the room in bunches of three, tie one to the mailbox to show guests just where the party is located.
- Wall Decorations for pictures - should you be extra crafty, purchase a load of construction paper, poster board etc. and make an entire wall pirate decor for taking pictures in front of. If you are able to make people, cut out the faces so kids can stand behind to have their pictures taken.
Pirate Activity Party Ideas
- Coloring Books, for small kids, finding pirate or related characters like parots in a color book will bring lots of coloring fun.
- Pin the fun on the characters. This theme requires pinning gold piece on treasure chest, eye patch on the pirate etc. It requires an artist and poster board to draw your creation. Don't think you have to be too crafty, your pirate can look like a smiley face with a scar above his mouth.
- Themed Pirate Pinatas are always fun and full of goodies.
- Egg in Spoon Race Make a start and finish line, first one there wins, paint the egg gold as to be fun treasure, remember to be gentle as it is a raw egg.
- Water Balloon Toss Team who tosses the most without popping or dropping wins, if you get black balloons, they can be on different ships attacking one another.
- Spooning Cotton Balls Two bowls & blind fold, each child spoons cotton balls or marshmallows from one bowl to the other in one minute, the one who does the most wins. Color them yellow with food coloring and fully dry before the party. This can be digging for gold.
- Balloon Pop Each kid gets a balloon to sit on, first one popped wins.
- Make your own treasure hunt, look for scrolls, fake gold coins, mugs etc.
- Pirates of the Carribbean
Pirate Birthday Party Foods
- Look for cake pans in ship shapes or cake top decorations & cupcake liners to fit your theme.
- Easy cupcake decorating would be with Pirate toys. Look for coins sticking out of brown frosting with a possible sugar star (like star fish) siting next to it etc.
- Rice Crispies in the shape of gold or eye patches, parrots etc., you can decorate with frosting as well for a better effect.
- Rock candy (white like diamonds).
- Candy chocolate coins
- Candy necklaces
- Pizza and chips
Pirate Party Favor Ideas
- pirate hats and eye patches oh my!
- Bag of gold coin chocolates, they also sell black coal gum that turns your teeth black.
- Pirate stickers
- bouncing balls
- Pirate Tatoos
- Pirate Bandanas
- Eye Patches
Don't Forget Your CameraDon't forget your cameras. This includes your video camera if available. Another fun idea would be to hand disposable cameras to several guests so that they can take pictures from their view through the party.